Do you have a passion for service and leading people, and desire a career in the world’s fastest-growing industry, our hospitality management programme is the right choice for you. The programme combines academic studies and hands-on learning, with a focus on management.
Our graduate students obtain various management positions within different sectors of the hospitality industry, common career paths for our graduate students are hotel operations, working as managers in Food & Beverage, Front Office, Housekeeping, Conference and Events, Revenue Management, Sales & Marketing and Hotel Manager.
Our Hospitality Management programme is mainly taught in English and provides you with the skills to meet the demands of future leaders in the international hospitality industry. During the programme you will have a variety of courses preparing you for a leading role within the international hospitality industry, such as Business Administration and Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Sales and Revenue Management, Organisation, Leadership and HR Management, Hospitality Operations and Event Management.
Our Hospitality Management programme is recognised by international hospitality universities. Giving our graduate students the opportunity to apply for third and/or final-year entrance to these universities and complement their education by completing a Bachelor’s Degree.
One-third of the program is carried out as an internship (LIA), giving you a unique opportunity to be able to use and practice all the gained knowledge in real-time situations in the hospitality industry. The internship also gives you the possibility to strengthen your network for your future career.
- Business administration and entrepreneurship, 45p
- Degree project, 25p
- Food & Beverage Management, 25p
- Hospitality Operations & Event Management, 30p
- Internship 1, 40p
- Internship 2, 90p
- Digital communication tools, 10p
- Marketing and sales, Revenue Management, 45p
- Organization, Leadership and HR Management, 50p
- Project Management, 10p
- Security, preparedness and accessibility, 10p
- Service Management, 10p
- Tourism and Hospitality Industry, 10p
Study forms and examination
The programme is a two-year full-time education carried out on-site, i.e a correspondence option is not available. The programme results in a higher vocational diploma.
The lecture format varies and is carried out in the form of project work, lectures, seminars, and study visits. We work and cooperate closely with the industry and the majority of the programme’s lectures are working in the industry.
Handelshögskolan Göteborgs universitet – Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel – Hotel Royal – Scandic Backadal – Scandic Rubinen – Quality Hotel 11 & Eriksbergshallen – LeH Group
How do I apply?
- Gather the required documentation to upload to your application
- Submit your application via the link on our website
Submit with your application
- Digital copies of your Upper High School final grades (gymnasiebetyg), the grades should be scanned or photographed copies of the original signed and dated documents
- Other documentation which provides further proof of the entry requirements
General entry requirements
In order to meet the general entry requirements to an advanced higher vocational education, all applicants must have successfully completed their upper secondary (high school) education.
Find out more about the general entry requirements (in Swedish).
Specific entry requirements
- Minimum grade E in English 6
- Minimum grade E in Swedish 2 or Swedish as a second language 2
- Two years of work experience in a service or tourism related position. The work experience must have been carried out after a completed upper secondary school (high school) education.
Who gets accepted to the program?
Once we have reviewed your application, we will contact you directly if your application does not fulfill the prerequisite entry requirements.
Selection to this program is based on a judgement of your grades, work experience and the result of a digital test. At the close of the application period all applicants deemed eligible to the program will receive an invitation to the digital test.
Notice of acceptance to the program
Notice of acceptance will be sent out to applicants in June. If places remain in the program and you lodge a late application, your notice of acceptance will be sent out as soon as we have processed your application.
- 1 februari - 17 april
- 2 år
- Antal platser:
- Lärdomsgatan 3, Göteborg
- Utbildningen är avgiftsfri och berättigar till studiestöd från CSN.
Telefonnummer 031-367 31 34
leder till jobb